In the v22.214.171.124 version of WebSphere Commerce it now supports integration with the Sterling Omni-Configurator.
This enables for dynamic kits (or configurable products) to be included in your store front. This is a must have feature for any products that require “building” or has many ways it can be configured, like a pizza. Most sites are fine with using attributes for many kinds of products, but in industries like Telco, Industrial, or Computers for example, all require the customer to “build” their package. Think of the steps you went through ordering your last computer from Apple – you got a lot of choices to pick from. These types of user interfaces are easily done with the Sterling Omni-Configurator. The great news is the integration is done right within the line of business user tooling (The v9 Management Center):
The Modularized Omni-Configurator is a lightweight Omni-Configurator which can cater the configuration needs for all channels across various devices. Omni-Configurator is an independent, deployable module that exposes JSON/XML-based REST APIs for all the configuration services.
Learn how to configure this add on in WebSphere Commerce by following the knowledge center – link.
Some key benefits about the Omni-Configurator:
- Omni-Configurator provides a consistent and simple integration with out-of-the-box channel applications such as WebSphere® Commerce, Sterling Order Management and Sterling Field Sales and other external channel applications such as SFDC, CLM, and PLM.
- Configurator UI provides lot of customization options such as templates, themes, UI controls (widgets), cache, Object Map, function handlers, and so forth, which are easily deploy-able.
- Pluggable catalog or pricing or user management endpoint adapters which can directly talk to third party systems such as WebSphere Commerce, SAP, and MDM.
- Single model to support multiple layouts (one view for Sterling Field Sales and different view for WebSphere Commerce and different for mobile).
- Multi-device enabled and completely responsive UI based on IBM® Peretz style guide.
- Reusable Configurator UI widget can easily integrate with other internal or external widgets with switchable theming and styling.