Since my last post about Metail the primary question I have received is “does Metail help with our key performance indicators or KPI’s?”. In other words, does it keep people shopping, raise conversion rates, contribute to additional sales, etc.
Metail’s solution is a sub 1 minute process and involves taking high quality photographs of garments from 8 specific angles to then construct a 3D model of the garment.
Well, I had the pleasure of speaking with Tom Adeyoola, CEO of Metail, and he and his team were kind enough to share some results that abof.com (All about Fashion) has seen since their launch. All about Fashion launched in October 2015 with Metail available from day one. Within a period of 6 weeks, Metail has already demonstrated that abof.com customers who used Metail spent more time on the website, came back to the site more often, and ultimately purchased more.
Check out some of the statistics they sent me:
Customer engagement & retention
– Metail users spent 4x longer on abof.com than non-Metail users
– Metail users tried on 3 items per session on average
– Metail users were 2x more likely to revisit abof.com
– Metail users accounted for 23% of total sales
– Metail users had a 6.6x higher conversion rate
– Metail users had a 8.6x higher RPV (Revenue Per Visitor)
Even though these are very early statistics giving it has been live for less than two months, this is very encouraging. Check out abof.com and let me know your opinion.