Norton Security 2007 results

After 45 minutes on the phone and going through an amazing set of steps to insure the old software was removed, nothing worked! The software continued to fail when attempting to install LiveUpdate – so I started digging. I found logs in the Local Settings/Temp directory which showed the installer attempting to connect to liveupdate.symantec.com and failing – causing the entire install to abort. I simply kept trying until it worked. Apparently the install requires connectivity to the Live Update site – which was down almost all day. The software installed about 9pm last night successfully.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.