For all of the game creator enthusiasts out there XNA is now launched. I am not sure of the exact date it launched but it is also mentioned in this months gamedeveloper on page 5.
From the XNA Faq:
|XNA Game Studio Express is a new game development solution targeted primarily at students, hobbyists, and independent game developers. XNA Game Studio Express is based on Visual C# Express 2005 and lets developers create games for both Windows and Xbox 360. XNA Game Studio Express contains the following:
- The XNA Framework, a set of managed code development libraries that make it possible for game developers to be more productive when creating games for Windows and the Xbox 360.
- The XNA Framework Content Pipeline, a set of tools that allow developers to more easily incorporate 3D content into their games
- XNA Game Studio Express also contains a full set of documentation, how-tos, and starter kits that demonstrate how best to use the content pipeline and XNA Framework.
- XNA Game Studio Express runs side-by-side with other versions of Visual Studio without interference
- XNA Game Studio Express has now been released, and can be found here. It supports both Windows and Xbox 360 game development.