I will be setting up a new Linux server in my house used primarily for a file server but also for testing and development. I want it to be pretty fast CPU wise and of course hard drive access wise. One requirement I want is a fast wireless connection as I will most likely put it in my basement away from my hub. I may just end up putting an access point down there but would really just like to put a wireless card in the box (and of course have it supported by RHEL).
Any pre-configured machines that are PC like in price (1-2K) is desirable.
So in a nutshell:
- Fast Wireless card? (108+ mbps)
- Hard drive recommendations? SATA? Brand? RAID?
- Fast dual core CPU? What’s the best buy?
- Access points? I use Netgear primarily in my house.
- Any other cool things I should consider?